Being in a lockdown means you cannot go outside of your area or no one from outside your area can go in. This total isolation is the only way from preventing an outbreak.
It doesn’t mean you have to stay inside your house the entire time. But if it’s because of an epidemic, you wouldn’t want your family to be exposed to viruses.
Diseases can be airborne. You’ll never know if your neighbor has it, or someone could pass by, have physical interactions with your kids, which could then infect them.
We shouldn’t panic, but when it comes to our family’s safety, we cannot avoid being paranoid.
So what are some activities you could do to avoid boredom especially with kids around?
Just think that lockdown is just a rainy season and all of you have to stay indoors.
Let them watch their favorite series first in the morning while you do the cooking. Because normally, boredom strikes in the afternoon.
Here are some activities you could do with your family during a Lockdown:
- Try doing some baking together as a family. Let your kids be in-charged in your kitchen (with supervision, of course!). Let them use their imaginations and have fun while baking.
- Be sure you have a deck of cards in your cabinet. Grab a deck of cards, teach and play with your kids the simple joys of Rummy or Slapjack or Go Fish or Imperial Kids – War.
- Decorate cupcakes. Buy pre-made frosting or cupcakes and set up a decorating station with whatever candies, nuts, and sprinkles you have in your kitchen.
- Of course, play video games.
- Pull out the building blocks and Legos.
- Grab and open those activity books that have just piled up.
- Make an indoor treasure hunt and camping! This will surely be an enjoyable moment for the family!
- Assign each one of the family their own task like cleaning the living room, kitchen, etc.
- Cook food together.
- Watch movies together.
And while being in isolation or lockdown, remember to stay healthy. Stress, panic attacks, and fear of being isolated can greatly affect your health.
While inside the house, make sure that you and your family are taking proper vitamins and nutrition. This is a deterrent to disease.
Also, you won’t be able to walk or play under the sun, so better stock with Vitamin D too. Additionally, there should be plenty of nutritious food to keep your family fed and healthy for an extended period of time.
Lockdown can bring a lot of stress to anyone, not just in adults but in kids too! But it doesn’t mean you can’t be happy while staying inside the house.
Make this a perfect opportunity to play and have quality time while keeping your family safe and healthy.